I know everyone’s been waiting to see whose word has been put up as “Word of the Day”. So here it is!
Today’s word is by Laksh Nimesh of V-C.
Well done, Laksh!
However, I must mention how difficult it was for me to choose the winner today. Therefore, I have some other special mentions who came quite close to qualifying as the winners:
1. starving to death- Siddharth Parashar (IV- B)
2. aggression- Aditya Shaw (IV- B)
3. demented- Videh Jain (V- B)
4. fortunate- Arnav Singh(V- C)
5. exquisite- Anya Dhawan (V- C)
6. trotting- Pavni Arora (V- C)
7. jittery- Trinabh Mehra (V-C)
8. appease- Ayushi Gupta (V-C)
I feel glad to see that some of these words are synonyms of words previously uploaded on the blog. Like “exquisite” can be used as a synonym of ” beautiful”. And “starving to death” can be used as a synonym of “ravenous”.
However, to celebrate these learners too, I will compose two mini stories with some of these words.
- Laksh felt that he was quite fortunate when his word was put up as ” Word of the Day”.
- The baby had trotted for a good amount of time, so he was starving to death. Therefore, his mother gave him fruits to appease his hunger.
Try to use context clues to figure out the meaning of these words.
And don’t be disheartened if today was not your day. Keep hope alive. The most important thing here is how much you all are learning.
- So any connections with any of the words?
- Were you able visualize anything?
Leave your views and mini stories in the comment section below. In case someone doesn’t know what ‘mini stories’ are, would anyone of my students explain it in the comment section, because we do them quite often in class?
Keep learning, keep growing!